Plums are a very popular fruit in the Czech Republic. You can usually find at least one plum tree in every Czech garden. In autumn, a rich harvest is harvested, and plums are widely used to make plum jam.
Plum jam is typically used to fill sweet kolace or buchty. To make them taste even better, various enhancing ingredients are added.
Povidlová náplň – Plum butter filling
- ¾ cup (250 g) plum butter
- 2 Tbsp rum
- lemon zest
- powdered sugar
- pinch of ground star anyse - badyán optional
- Cook the plum butter in pot. If it's too thick add some water and mix thorougly.
- Add rum, lemon zest and sugar as needed.
- If you have it, add a pinch of ground star anyse, it will make the filling smell delicious!
- Let the filling cool down. Use it only after it cools down to room temperature.
DISCLAIMER: Because I come from Central Europe, my recipes are based on metric units such as grams or milliliters. Check out how I convert metric units to the U.S. system:Conversion chart
TIP: Try out my poppy seed filling!