Knedlíky s vajíčkem – Dumplings with Eggs
If you cooked bread dumplings and have some leftovers in your fridge, this easy Czech recipe is for you! Knedlíky s vejci, aka dumplings with eggs, are great for lunch, quick family dinner, or a warm breakfast.
- 6 slices bread dumplings
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ stick (40 g) unsalted butter
- green parsley to garnish
Cube the slices of dumplings into 1-inch pieces.
In a pan, melt butter over medium heat. Throw in dumplings and fry until golden. Stir occasionally that the dumplings get a nice golden crust from all sides.
Add eggs and gently stir in until creamy, do not overcook them. Set the pan aside and serve.
Possible twists on this recipe:
- Makes 2 yields.
- Knedlíky s vajíčkem are served warm, commonly with pickles. Garnish the meal with a sprig of parsley if you have one.
- Finely chopped onion fried with cubed dumplings.
- You can add some diced bacon, speck, or deli sausages for fancy.
- Use potato dumplings instead of bread dumplings.