Easy Coconut Balls
No-bake balls of shredded coconut, flavored with a dash of rum. They are easy to make and taste absolutely delicious!
Servings 25 balls
- 1 and ⅓ cups (100 g) dry shredded coconut finely ground; for dough
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup (120 g) powdered sugar
- ½ stick (55 g) unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp dark rum
- 3 Tbsp (22 g) dark cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup (25 g) shredded coconut finely ground; for coating
Place the coconut, egg white, cocoa powder, butter, rum, and icing sugar in a bowl.
Work into a dough and place in the fridge for an hour to set.
Scoop out equal-sized pieces of the dough, roll each into a small ball between your palms, and coat it in coconut.
Place the coconut balls in paper candy cups.
- Makes about 25 balls (if they are around 1 inch in diameter).
- The coconut balls in this recipe are just sweet enough. If you find the dough too runny, add some shredded coconut rather than sugar.
- The cookie balls are moist and pretty soft; once made, refrigerate them to firm up.
- STORAGE: Place the coconut balls in a resealable container and store them in a cool, dry place. The top of the fridge is ideal, where they will last for about five days.